Money is Energy. Money is not real. Money can be magically attracted but also repulsed – it all depends on what Money means to you. Today we will take a look at the mindsets of wealthy people, what makes their mind tick and how do they perceive money?
You are about to learn 6 steps to magically attract money into your Life. These steps are part and parcel of the mindset of rich and wealthy people. They are simple and you can apply them in your everyday life!
First of all, money is not something evil. Money is merely a tool that enables you to purchase something.
It is used as an exchange tool and is neither positive nor negative in its pure form. Money only takes on the value that WE believe it has because it has some fancy numbers that appear on colorful pieces of paper. Before there was money, people would just trade stuff to get what they wanted. This however, got too complicated and led to a lot of misconceptions about what value object A has in comparison to object B.
There had to be a universal solution, something which has a decentral value from the goods to be exchanged. Something that could be accepts as a deposit of worth anywhere around the world. So the humans invented money (actually they first traded with gold and people would just get a “check” which described the worth of the deposited amount of gold – this is now our paper money).
Nowadays it seems that we can not live without money and even though money does not automatically bring happiness to one’s life (take a look at all the celebrities and stars who are filthy rich but still struggle to be happy) it is something that makes life easier.
Money means safety in some kind of way because if you have money to provide for shelter, nutrition, and your health then you feel more secure than if you lack these basic needs.
So yes, money can be very positive for us. But remember that no matter how much money you (want to) have, you can only sleep in one bed, you can only eat three meals a day and you only have one body to take care of.
Okay, now that we took a look on money, let’s focus on the mindset that attracts money into your life. First of all, we are all born with the right to live in abundance. We are all born to live our life to the fullest and I am talking about truly living, not barely making ends-needs and just surviving. We want to live.
What is Wealth?
To understand what “wealth” means we have to take a closer look at its definition.
According to Wikipedia, wealth symbolizes “the abundance of valuable resources or valuable material possessions”.
In other words: wealth is a collection of things, limited in supply, transferable and useful in satisfying human desires. Useful in satisfying human desires, let’s focus on this sub-definition of wealth. Human desires may vary from individual to individual but I think we can all agree on universal human desires like food, shelter, health, safety, love, and appreciation.
So can wealth satisfy those desires?
It certainly can – although yes it is true that it can not buy you love and it can not buy you appreciation. But it can fulfill your material desires.
If you can provide yourself with nutrition to feed your body, healthcare and medicine to keep you vital and prevent diseases, a roof over your head and a place you can call your home then I would dare to say that you are feeling better and more secured, less worried about life and less worried about your future.
What is a Wealthy Mindset?
Let’s get into the core of this article – a wealthy mindset. How do you develop it? How do wealthy people think about money?
Well, this is actually simpler than you thought it would be. Rich people or wealthy people simply have a positive and welcoming attitude to money. They value money highly but they do not let it make them – make money but don’t let money make you!
First of all, as I mentioned before: money is not evil. Money is not the root of evil and neither is the love for money the root of all evil. It is the fear of lack of money that is evil.
The fear of not being able to secure for your needs is what makes people afraid and adopt a negative money mindset. We don’t want to be afraid of money, no, we want to welcome it into our lives and we want it to flow into it abundantly.
To do that we have to let go of limiting beliefs that have been implanted in our minds ever since we are alive. In school, the subject of money is barely treated. They may teach you superficially how to set up a budget and they may teach you what leasing is, what a bank is and that bills have to be paid.
But they do no teach you HOW TO MAKE MONEY.
A wealthy mindset is a mindset that accepts that it has to teach the subjects of money itself. There are a plethora of books, courses and videos out there that take care of this subject.
Do yourself a favor and take some time to study money, don’t expect schools or teachers to tell you how to make more money.
A wealthy mindset believes that it deserves money, that money is good and that with money you can do good things. A wealthy mindset is not afraid of money, it welcomes it with open arms. It does not depend on money and therefore is freed from the strings of money. It knows that money (e.g. a salary) is something that is temporary – it will come and it will go. Money is energy, it flows in and out according to our personal energy level.
Our personal energy level is made up of the beliefs we have implanted in our minds, the feelings we have towards something and the actions we take regarding that subject.
Simply said your personal energy level (your attitude) is made up of both the conscious and the subconscious mind as well as your emotions. The more positive and welcoming you consciously think about money, the more you feel positive emotions for money the more your subconscious mind will take on these beliefs and ergo the more money you will be able to attract into your life.
Magically attract Money
Okay, this is what you’ve been waiting for. How do you magically attract money? There is one outstanding book on this subject and I would even say it is the best out there. It does not explain to you what money is and neither does it focus on what to do with money (e.g. it does not give you advice on how to save more money, what jobs pay more and so on).
It simply focuses on beliefs. The name of this book is “think and grow rich” by Napoleon Hill.
I came across this book because I have started to study successful people and how they think in about 2017. I used to study material and particularly became interested in a guy named Bob Proctor. He is simply amazing! This man has devoted his life to studying this book and how to get the best out of it. He has several YouTube videos where he talks about positive and affirmative mindsets on money. And he is a big admirer of the book “think and grow rich”. So I went to the local library and got myself a copy of said book. It is a very powerful book and has changed my life for the better.
I want to extract a powerful exercise out of this book that will implant a magnetic attitude towards money. The exercise consists of 6 very basic but very powerful steps. So without further a due, let’s dive into it!
- Step 1 – Be specific
- What to do: “fix in your mind the exact amount of money you desire”. Mind that it is NOT ENOUGH to simply say ” I want plenty of money” because this will not work as it is not specific. It is just a statement without intent and without a real course. Hill says that you have to be “definite as to the amount of money you want to attract”. This also has to do with psychology, several studies have shown that people who set them self specific goals and write them down are far more likely to achieve them than people who don’t set specific goals at all.
- Summary: Take some pen and paper (you can also do this electronically) and write down the amount of money you want to attract
- Step 2 – The Sacrifices
- What to do: “Determine exactly what you intend to give in return for the money you desire. There is no such thing as something for nothing”. This is very important! You may know people that constantly play the lottery and hope for some magic flush of money to happen to them without them having to do anything for it. This is not what we want, we don’t want to be simply given things without putting in the effort and without having to be grateful to others. This is not a trait of successful and wealthy people. So be specific on what you are ready to sacrifice in order to achieve your financial goal. Are you ready to put the work in, to cancel time-wasting activities? Are you ready to open up yourself to studying and learning? Are you ready to sacrifice in order to get what you desire?
- Summary: Add to your notepad what you are ready to give in return for your desired amount of money. Write down what sacrifices you are ready to make and keep in mind that there is no “something for nothing”.
- Step 3 – Set yourself a deadline
- What to do: “Establish a definitive date when you intend to possess the money you desire”. This correlates with Step 1; simply being specific is key. If you think that simply saying “I want plenty of money” without adding a deadline to it will do the magic for you then better think twice. No deadline means that your goal lies somewhere in the future and somewhere is nowhere. It is just something you wish to happen sometime but you don’t really force yourself into taking any actions if you just say “sometime”. Maybe you know the kind of people that say “If I win the lottery then I would do this and that” – and deep down you know that they will never win the lottery. So be specific; set yourself a deadline!
- Summary: Add to your notepad when you want to possess the money you have desired. You now already know the amount of money you want to attract, the sacrifices you are ready to make and the time when you will. You already have a huge advantage!
- Step 4 – The Plan
- What to do: “Create a definitive plan for carrying out your desire and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action”. This plan will crystallize when you follow the first 3 steps. I don’t know your background and I don’t know your story, neither do I know your strengths but you do! You know what you are good at and what interests you so take this into consideration when you write out your plan. Forget that you will be ready “one day” – you are always ready! You are ready when you believe that you are ready and there is something thrilling into taking action when you feel that you are not ready. You are most ready when you think you are not!
- Summary: Write out a plan on how to achieve your set financial goal. Remember your strengths and take a look at the sacrifices you are ready to make. Don’t let your past limit your future!
- Step 5 – The Statement
- What to do: “Write out a clear, concise statement of the amount of money you intend to acquire, name the limit for its acquisition, state what you intend to give in return for the money, and describe clearly the plan through which you intend to accumulate it”. This step simply fuses the previous 4 steps into a powerful statement. It acts like a contract to yourself that tells you what you want when you want it and what you are ready to do for it. Once you have formed this statement you are almost ready to rumble!
- Summary: Unify the previous 4 steps into a clear, concise statement.
- Step 6 – Repetition is Key
- What to do: “Read your written statement aloud, twice daily, once just before retiring at night and once after arising in the morning. As you read, see and feel and believe yourself already in possession of the money”. Simply said this step is “fake it till you make it”. It highly correlates with the belief and attitude we have discussed previously in this article. This step is key to making your SUBCONSCIOUS MIND believe that you are already in possession of the money. Remember that the subconscious mind acts differently than your conscious mind and relies heavily on imagery and emotions, thus only reading out your statement does not make your subconscious mind react to it.
- Summary: Make your subconscious mind believe through reading out loud your statement twice a day. Whilst reading it out, imagine you are already in possession of said goal and feel the emotions you would have if you had already manifested your goal.
Patience is Key
Congratulations, you have already done a lot and you can be proud of yourself if you followed the 6 steps to success.
They already give you a huge advantage on your side. Now you have to be patient, nothing happens overnight.
Stick to your statement and read it out once you go to sleep and once you wake up in the morning. Repetition is Key here; the human brain tends to forget things after 24 hours so repeat, repeat and repeat until it is burned like a stamp into your attitude.
Success and particularly financial success has to be treated like a seed. You plant it, you water it and take care of it until it is strong enough to take care of itself.
Then, when it has grown from a seed into a tree, it will provide you with shade and fruits.
Be patient and believe in yourself and your abilities, young padawan!
We have taken a closer look at wealth and how wealthy people think.
We have learned an exercise that could change our lives if we diligently stick to it.
We now are equipped with tools to provide ourselves with a brighter future!
There is one thing to add to the exercise: the bigger the better! This means that you can and should think big for the amount of money you want to acquire – aiming for the moon and falling just short is better than aiming for a small target and not reach it!
I hope this article has been an inspiration for you.
I hope it is useful for your goals. I have gone through the exercise myself and had to admit that when it did not work, it was my fault because I was not specific enough because I did not repeat it, because I did not clearly write out what my goal was and what I was ready to do for it.
But it does work if you stick to the 6 steps then and follow this course things will start to shift. Chances will arise where you wouldn’t expect them. Your mind will give you ideas which you have previously not considered and you will meet people that can help you in achieving that goal!
Dream Big and FOCUS!